Her and them
Three lost women in search of the exiled poet and activist Mercedes Pinto
Mercedes Pinto was a Spanish poet, playwright, novelist and political activist who was exiled from Spain during the 1920s for her views on divorce and women rights, and inspired artists like Buñuel and Pablo Neruda. Three women –a student, a journalist and a writer- will embark on a journey in search of her roots and legacy.
David Baute was born in Garachico, Tenerife, Spain. He studied at the State Institute of Spanish Radio and Television and he specialized as a film editor at TAI Film School, Madrid. He continued studying film direction at the International Film School of Havana, Cuba.
Spain, Uruguay / Spanish / 2012/ 71′ and 59′ versions available.
HD / Stereo / 1.85:1 / Color
Silvia Munt, Marta Aura, Paola Bontempi
Tinglado Film, Guazú Media, Inicia Films, Gran Númeronce Producciones
Daniel Millet, Alicia Llarena, David Baute
Director of photography
Festivals & Awards
- Silver Biznaga Women Rights Award in Malaga Film Festival
- Malvinas Award in the Trieste Latin American Film Festival
- Official selection in Guadalajara International Film Festival
- Official selection in Bogota Film Festival
- Official selection in Atlantidoc (Uruguay)
- Official selection in Ourense Film Festival (Spain)
- Official selection in the Tübingen-Stuttgart Latin Film Festival (Germany)